Getting Started With Bill Pay
- In order to utilize Bill Pay you must have a checking and you have to enroll
- Once you have signed into Pipeline Banking, to enroll in Pipeline Bill Pay, click on the Bill Pay tab
- Once the registration screen opens, complete the required fields and click Go
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an email confirming your enrollment
(This might be longer if you sign up over the weekend)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pipeline Bill Pay?
Pipeline Bill Pay is a service that allows you to pay virtually any company or any individual through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay and when you want to make the payment. It’s safe, secure and easy to use.
Who can I pay with Pipeline Bill Pay?
You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards. You can even pay individuals such as landlords, babysitters or a relative.
How do I start using Pipeline Bill Pay?
After enrolling for the Pipeline Bill Pay, your next step is to add a payee. Simply click the “Add a Payee” button and enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest billing statement.
How are the payments delivered?
Payments are sent one of two ways – electronically or by paper checks. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via secure transmission. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via U.S. Postal Service.
Is Pipeline Bill Pay secure?
Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Pipeline Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills, and statements. It also increases your privacy as you are the only one who can access your account information, account numbers, and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payment activity.
How long does it take before my payment is received?
Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check. This is determined by the company you are paying.
How are scheduled payments processed with Pipeline Bill Pay?
Most scheduled payments are sent electronically and funds are withdrawn from your account on the payment date. Alternatively, when payment is not able to be sent electronically, a paper check will be mailed.
What are the primary benefits of Pipeline Bill Pay?
Here is a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using Pipeline Bill Pay.
- Save Time. With Pipeline Bill Pay, you can receive and pay your bills online, all in one place. That means no more visiting multiple websites to pay bills or trips to the post office to mail checks. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to automate regular bill payments.
- Save Money. Paying bills online saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $110.00* per year.
- Stay Organized. Your payment history is stored in your online account, so you won’t have to sort through paper receipts or visit multiple websites to access past transactions.
- Gain Peace of Mind. Paying bills electronically means no risk of personal checks getting lost or stolen. Plus, you can stop worrying about missing a bill payment when you set up reminders and automated recurring payments.
What is eBill?
eBill is a feature that allows you to receive and pay electronic versions of paper bills directly from your Pipeline Bill Pay account.
How do eBills work?
eBills are delivered directly to your Pipeline Bill Pay account. Once you set up an individual eBill for a company you do business with, an eBill comes directly from that payee to your account. Examples of businesses that offer eBills are cable service providers, phone service providers, utility providers and credit card companies.
Will I still receive paper statements when I have eBill?
Yes, you will also receive paper statements unless you contact the payee to stop sending those statements.
How will I know if eBill is available for a payee?
If a payee offers eBill, there will a “Set up eBill” link next to their listing on your Pipeline Bill Pay dashboard.
What information is included in an eBill?
The balance due, due date and minimum payment amount are included in your eBill. If you need additional details, there will be a link that lets you log in to your account on your payee’s website, or you can check your paper statement.
How do I pay an eBill?
To pay an eBill, simply choose the account you want to pay from, enter the amount you want to pay and schedule when you want the payment delivered.
How do I know when I’ve received an eBill?
You can sign up to receive an electronic notice to alert you when an eBill has been delivered to your account. You can receive these notices in the form of emails or text alerts to provide an extra reminder when a payment is due.